Instruction in French (Quebec) as Pdf Document.
SplashMe is a mobile application to view live meet results. Meet Manager is used to publish data for SplashMe.
In order to publish a meet for SplashMe, you have to follow these steps:
- Register meet in swimrankings.net calendar
- Synchronize athletes / clubs with swimrankings.net
- Activate live results
For all these functions, you need a working internet connection and Meet Manager needs access to the internet (using HTTP protocol). It is also important to know, that only meets with appropriate data will be visible, e.g. after the end date of a meet, the meet remains visible only, if you uploaded complete meet results.
Special notes for federations
Register in swimrankings.net Calendar
Before you can register your meet in the calendar, you have to enter at least all basic values like meet name, city, nation and you have to add at least one session per day of your meet.
Choose Transfer > Edit / Update Calendar… from the main menu to connect your meet to the swimrankings.net calendar.
The first time you connect your meet to the calendar, the global meet id field should be empty and you have to enter a meet password with at least four characters. Then you press "Login" to send a request to the swimrankings.net server. The new meet is created and a unique meet id is assigned to your meet.
With the global meet id (e.g. "E6-896") and your password you have all information you need to connect to the SplashMe online data server. The global meet id can be found in the lower left corner of the calendar edit dialog.
If you want your meet to be listed in the swimrankings.net calendar, then click "Update" at least once in this dialog. But this is not necessary to have your meet available in the SplashMe application.
The global meet id and the password is saved into your local meet database file and will be available automatically on all login dialogs where you need it.
Synchronize athletes / clubs with swimrankings.net
For this step choose the module "Clubs". Then choose Edit > Get All Club Info to start the synchronization for all clubs. You may select a club first and then start the synchronization for a single club only. This is usefull when you added athletes and want to do the synchronisation for the new athletes only.
The synchronization is important to retreive the unique swimrankings id (SWRID) for each athlete. This id is needed for the favorite function in SplashMe. Only athletes with an SWRID can be choosen as favorite. You can set the filter to "Show suspicious clubs / athletes only" to list only the athletes, where a synchronization was not possible. There are some common reasons, why an athlete cannot be found on swimrankings.net: Wrong nationality - wrong year of birth or gender - misspelled name.
Activate live results
The final step is to check your live result settings and then you can activate the live results to update all SplashMe online data to the same state of your meet database.
Updating SplashMe online data is combined with the common (old) live results, where you can upload Pdf documents to any Ftp server. Both uploads work completely independent in the background and can be activated separately or both together as well. Just ensure that you have set the appropriate checkbox on the "SplashMe" / "General" tab before you activate the upload.
For SplashMe online data you only have to ensure, that you entered a valid global meet id and password.
- You may use the "Clear" function to remove all online data for the current meet.
- You may upload your own logo with the "Image" function. The logo has to be a Png image with exact size of 500 x 300 pixels.
- Press the "Shift" key when you activate live results to make a full upload of all data. This can be usefull if you think, the online data was damaged for some reason.
What meets are shown for SplashMe ?
Meets do not apear in SplashMe before you did upload live results the first time. You have to run this even if there are no entries yet in your database.
There are some restrictions when a meet is shown in the SplashMe app:
- All meets apear only 20 days before the meet starts.
- Meets with entries: Only until the day when the meet starts.
- Incomplete meets: Only until the day when the meet ends.
- Complete meets: Until 14 days after the meet.
- Some athletes have no star to mark them as favorite. Why? It's important to synchronize your meet with swimrankings.net so that all knows athletes get the swimrankings id (SWRID) assigned. Only athletes with SWRID can be used as favorites.
- How can I add a logo for my club? You can send us an image file (at least 300 x 300 pixel) and the exact name, code and nation of your club. Then we put it on our server and it will be displayed in SplashMe.